STA Group staff members share the excitement of helping to build a rapidly growing company in an environment where each person can see how his or her individual efforts make a difference. Our career opportunities usually develop in three areas:
Full time employee, long term – US Citizen or Green Card required. We are looking for a C / C++ software architect with expert-level knowledge in VoIP call flows and real-time audio processing to join our current team in Chicago. This person’s main responsibility will be leading the architecture, design and development of a software component responsible for real-time audio packet processing, terminating SIP call flows and mixing / transcoding voice audio. This software represents a critical component in an industry-leading solution for facilitating “push-to-talk” communications across LMR (Land Mobile Radio) gateways, conference bridges into VoIP and PSTN telephony networks, and media sessions with Windows/iOS/Android client apps.
Systems architecture and design experience with strong, hands-on development:
10+ years of experience designing and developing real-time software systems in C and C++ with experience in media processing, audio mixing and vocoder transcoding. Candidate must have expert-level knowledge of SIP, IMS and related VoIP protocols like RTP, RTCP and SDP.
Ideal candidate will be a top-tier, system architect and software engineer with a passion for hands-on software development, problem solving, and debugging of complex, distributed software systems. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability and interest to lead, mentor and guide teammates.
You’ll be working with teammates geographically distributed throughout the US and internationally on a product suite with a broad breadth of technologies. You’ll be responsible for new feature development, defect resolution and sustaining engineering on a C/C++ codebase responsible for managing VoIP call termination and routing, media mixing and transcoding.
Requirements and Competencies
- Experience working on large scale, concurrent and distributed systems using modern standard C++ 11/14/17.
Strong debugging and problem-solving skills including network packet capture and analysis.
- Experience with common C/C++ frameworks such as Boost or ACE.
- Expert-level knowledge of VoIP call flows, SIP/IMS and related protocols like SDP, RTP, RTCP, SRTP, SRTCP.
- Experience developing kernel-mode network packet processing systems handling real-time audio transcoding and mixing.
- Knowledge of common voice codecs like G.711, G.729, iLBC and Opus.
- Deep IP networking experience with strong understanding of IP multicasting.
Generally desired qualifications
- VoIP industry veteran, ideally with experience serving on networking or VoIP-related standards bodies.
- Deep knowledge of IP networking fundamentals; firewall and NAT traversal techniques (including SIP traversal and STUN, TURN & ICE protocols); DM-VPN and IP multicasting.
- Experience with Cisco VoIP technologies and products like Cisco Unified Call Manager and Call Center. Experience with non-Cisco call managers a plus.
- Familiarity with land mobile radio systems and their related technologies and protocols (P25, DMR, NXDN, etc.).
- Experience using Git, Gitflow, Bitbucket, Bitbucket Pipelines (CI), Agile Scrum project management methodology using Atlassian Jira/Confluence tools.
- C#/.NET experience developing Windows native applications.
- Experience with Java.
UX Designer/Architect / Senior Product Designer
Full time employee, long term – US Citizen or Green Card required.We are looking for a UX Designer and Architect to join our current team in Chicago, working with STA Group’s internal product teams: www.tidalautomation.com, www.extendedcaresolutions.com and www.instantconnectnow.com.
This person will need to have deep experience (5+ years) with Fortune 500 accounts, responsive design techniques and presentation skills. Familiarity with numerous device specifications is a huge plus. STA employs highly motivated self-starters capable of taking the ball and running with it across the board. We need people with excellent communications and leadership experience. Candidates need to be able to function effectively in a highly dynamic, fluid, fast-paced environment. However, these candidates need to be highly disciplined designers who produce thorough, well thought out deliverables of the highest quality and caliber. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience with UX design for administrators (e.g., utility back-end) / tooling UX work, Enterprise Platform UX with administrative users, Software UX, and native mobile application UX.
Responsibilities include conducting & analyzing UX research, personas & scenarios building, UX Documentation, identifying use cases, troubleshooting.
Desired tools experience
- Adobe Creative Suite
Product Marketing Communications Manager
Full time employee, long term – US Citizen or Green Card required. We are looking for a Product Marketing Communications Manager to join our current team in Chicago, working with STA Group’s internal product teams:www.tidalautomation.com, www.extendedcaresolutions.com and www.instantconnectnow.com.
Duties and responsibilities
- Generate and manage new marketing campaigns from social media, videos, articles, and any strategies worth testing
- Write, create, and manage webinars, brochures, and “At a Glance” sell sheets, ebooks, white papers, etc.
- Implement and manage integrated marketing programs to increase brand visibility, drive leads and revenue, and create thought leadership in fast-moving markets
- Write and develop sales training and enablement tools to support revenue targets
- Research, capture, and promote consumer trends and market analysis
- Work with graphic designers and web team, providing them with meaningful content to execute compelling, high-impact creative projects
- Key competencies of being able to: WRITE, CREATE, EXECUTE, MANAGE, ANALYZE, and EVALUATE
- Must have experience writing, creating, and executing creative campaigns for software companies
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Business Administration, or related degree
5+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of communications fundamentals and experience leading and managing projects
- Solid understanding of the technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, develop relationships, and interact with all levels of management
- Knowledge of social media and strategic practices for communications, reader engagement, and user experience
- Expert in Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Resourcefulness, efficient, problem-solver, and a strong sense of ownership
- Strong Team Player, strong communication
An Insurance Benefits Plan paid 100% by Employer for all Employees
- Professional Benefits Administrators (PBA), utilizing the Cigna provider network
- Health Savings Account (HSA) – Employer pays 90% of your deductible via contribution into HSA
- Interactive Health Wellness Program, with participation incentive (additional contribution into HSA)
- 24/7 Teladoc Program, consult a doctor 24/7 for convenience
- PBA Dental Plan
- EyeMed Vision
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- $100/month cell phone allowance
- 401k after 6 months of employment
- Plus some great benefits for training and additional learning & development!
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTARY PLANS (available on pre-tax basis)
- Pre-tax Transit Benefit Contribution for CTA, Metra, and Local Parking Garages
- Additional Life Insurance
- Disability Life Insurance